This policy was last updated on February 5, 2009.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect various types of information depending upon how you use our site.
• When you order from us, we collect your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, and credit card number (with expiration date). We also gather information on the person who will receive any gift you send (e.g., that person's name and address) and we will retain a record of your purchases. In addition, if you are a registered user and have signed in when you enter this information, it will automatically be saved in your Wallet and/or Address Book for ease of reference.
• When you enter a sweepstakes or contest online, we usually collect your name, address, email address, and phone number. We also may ask you for additional information, such as your age, interests, product preferences, or zip code.
• When you submit a question to customer service, we need your email address to respond, and you also may provide us with various additional information to help us answer your question.
• We also may receive some information about you from other sources and may add it to your account information. For example, we might get your updated address from a shipper or information on your preferences from another Web site conducting a promotion or event with us.
• We may acquire customer lists from other parties so that we may invite new people to visit greenfinds.com. Our policy is to acquire only lists of people who have indicated that they are willing to receive email offers. Also, each time we send an email offer, we provide people with the opportunity to opt out of receiving future email offers.
What Are Cookies and Do We Use Them?
A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a Web site that is saved on your hard disk by your computer's browser. It holds information a site may need to interact with you and personalize your experience. At greenfinds.com, we use two kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies.
Session cookies exist only for as long as your browser remains open. Once you exit your browser, they go away. We use session cookies to maintain information we need to have in order for you to shop at greenfinds.com. For example, the Session ID cookie that we ask your browser to hold retains the ID for your shopping bag. Without the Session ID cookie, you can't add merchandise to your bag and carry it to Checkout.
Persistent cookies, in contrast, last from visit to visit; they do not go away when you exit your browser. At greenfinds.com, we use persistent cookies to give you a more personalized shopping experience and to help you navigate our store more efficiently. We will use your information to enhance your site experience. However, you can use our site without accepting a persistent cookie. To do so, you should set your browser options to reject persistent cookies. Alternatively, you can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, which gives you the opportunity to decide whether you want to accept it or not. In many instances, the Help button on your browser toolbar will tell you how you can take these steps.
Cookies can be used by a Web site to recognize you. But that does not necessarily mean any personal information is stored in the cookies. At greenfinds.com, we store no personal information about you in the cookies. Anything you choose to tell us about yourself (such as your address and email address) is stored safely and separately on our secured servers, and you need to provide a password to access it.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use your information in a number of ways, including the following:
• In order to serve you better, we may combine the information you provide us online, in our stores and through our catalogs. We use that information to improve your overall shopping experience.
• To enhance your online shopping experience. For example, we may use it to recognize you and welcome you to the site.
• For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we send out email and direct mail to our online and store customers about products or events that we think may be of interest to them. We also may send you offers for discounts or free services (e.g., free gift wrap or shipping) on our site or in our stores.
Do We Share Your Information?
We do not share your information with ANYONE, EVER.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
We provide you with a number of choices regarding our handling of your personal information.
If you do not want to receive email from greenfinds.com and/or do not want us to share your information with unrelated third parties for marketing purposes, please submit a request electronically by doing the following:
Please click here to change your privacy options via email.
• "Please do not send me email" or
• "Keep my email address private" or
Or, to opt-out of email, you can click on the unsubscribe link and hit send at the bottom of any greenfinds.com email communication.
Note: Once you have submitted your request you should assume that it has been successfully received and your request is being processed. Please allow us 10 business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
If you prefer to, you may contact greenfinds.com by phone at 917-226-9765 or by mail at GreenFinds.com Inc,
NY 10954 to notify us of your request. Again, please allow us 10 business days from when the request was received to process your removal.
If you shop at our Greenfinds.com stores and wish to be removed from the list of customers that receive direct mail or telemarketing calls, please either:
Because customer lists often are prepared well in advance of an offering (sometimes 3-4 months before the offer is made), you may continue to receive some offers after you send us a request not to use your information for specified marketing purposes. We appreciate your patience and understanding in giving us time to carry out your request.
You also may use the address and phone number above to request that we not disclose your personal information to unrelated third parties for marketing purposes. If you choose to write to us, please include your name, address and credit card account number (if you have one) and state "NO THIRD PARTY SHARING" in your request.
Can I Access My Information?
If you are a registered user of greenfinds.com, you can update your information in My Account.
If you have questions about your order, you may check your order status online in My Account.
If you would like to email our Customer Service Department, please click here or visit our Customer Service page and click on Privacy Options.
Questions regarding your charge account may be forwarded to our Credit Customer Service Department. Please use the Contact Us Form and select the appropriate subject line from the drop down menu.
Is My Information Secure?
Greenfinds.com is committed to doing its best to maintain the security of information collected on our site. To try to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data
accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place the appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the
information we collect online.
Private account and customer information is located on a secured server behind a firewall; it is not directly connected to the Internet.
Encryption is a process by which a message or information is scrambled while it is in transit to greenfinds.com. It is based on a key that has two different parts, public and private. The public part of the key is distributed to those with whom you want to communicate. The private part is for the recipient's use only. So long as you use a browser that allows for encryption, when you send personal information to us, you use a public key to encrypt your personal information. If your information is intercepted during the transmission, it is scrambled and very difficult to decrypt. Once we receive your encrypted personal information, we use the private part of our key to decode it.
What About Information About Children?
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act took effect on April 21, 2000 and imposes certain requirements on Web sites directed toward children under 13 that collect information on those children, or on Web sites that know they are collecting information on children under the age of 13. We want to let you know that it currently is greenfinds.com's policy not to collect personal information on any person under 13. For this reason, our online sweepstakes are restricted to entrants who, at a minimum, are at least 13.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information greenfinds.com share with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliates' direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of information shared and will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: GreenFinds.com Inc, 2 Great Jones St., New York, NY 10012. In your request, please specify that you want a "Your GreenFinds.com California Privacy Rights Notice". Please allow 30 days for a response.
Thank you for shopping with greenfinds.com. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please visit Customer Service and choose Privacy Options.